A python based web application for monitoring, analytics and notifications for Plex Media Server (www.plex.tv).
- PlexPy forum thread
- Responsive web design viewable on desktop, tablet and mobile web browsers.
- Themed to complement Plex/Web.
- Easy configuration setup (no separate web server required).
- Monitor current Plex Media Server activity.
- Fully customizable notifications for stream activity and recently added media.
- Top statistics on home page with configurable duration and measurement metric.
- Global watching history with search/filtering & dynamic column sorting.
- Full user list with general information and comparison stats.
- Individual user information including devices IP addresses.
- Complete library statistics and media file information.
- Rich analytics presented using Highcharts graphing.
- Beautiful content information pages.
- Full sync list data on all users syncing items from your library.
- And many more!!
PlexPy will be installed to
/opt/plexpy. (installing as root, for non-root users add sudo to the front of any command)
First lets install GIT so we can get the source for PlexPy
apt-get install git-core
Now lets download the software
git clone https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy.git
Now that we have it download, lets start it
PlexPy will be loaded in your browser or listening @ http://localhost:8181
Now lets setup PlexPy to start on boot using Upstart
description "PlexPy upstart script" author "Reaper0fpower @ Pure-Media.info" # What user to run as setuid root # What group to run as setgid plex # When to start the service start on runlevel  # When to stop the service stop on runlevel  # Automatically restart process if crashed respawn # Start the process script exec python /opt/plexpy/PlexPy.py end script
Now just CTRL+X to save (if you get access denied make sure you are running this with elevated privileges)